Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Baby Business: 17 Weeks

On Friday we had our 16 week appointment, it was overall very uneventful. I lost another 7 pounds which brings my total up to (or well down to) -33 pounds in the last 17 weeks. However if you look at my belly you will think otherwise. The doctor did tell me I need to eat more and she wants me to take a protein shake everyday for extra nutrients (slim fast flavored breakfast here I come). The heart beat was still holding strong at 158 and Baby W was sitting right underneath my belly button. We did set a date for our gender scan (and I can hardly contain my excitement) for Feb 7th. We will be sharing the news with our families shortly after.




This week baby is the size of an onion s/he is measuring 5.1 inches and weighing around 5.9 ounces. The baby's skeleton is hardening, changing from rubbery cartilage to bone, and fat is finally accumulating around it. The umbilical cord is getting thicker and stronger, and those little fingers and toes are now topped by one-of-a-kind prints.

How far along: 17 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: -33 pounds
Maternity clothes: yes and I got new jeans this weekend!
Stretch marks?: nope
Sleep: often interrupted but pee breaks
Best moment this week: setting out gender scan appointment!
Movement: not yet :(
Food cravings:tomatoes and let me tell you its hard to get in Nebraska in winter!
Gender: the doctor was surprised I had no idea either way!
What I miss: having a desire to eat!
Milestones: nothing new

No comments:

Post a Comment